- The circuit is open to photo friends spread all over the world. It will be organized under the approved rules of PSA All acceptances will count for PSA for inclusion in PSA Star Rating and "Who’s Who". ALL Images must be the original work of the entrant. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, the other images will not be considered. NO ALTERATION FOR NATURE, PHOTO-JOURNALISM AND PHOTO TRAVEL IMAGES and
- The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
- The image size must be of maximum 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high including any borders and be a maximum File Size within 1MB. The files must be in JPEG format at 72 dpi resolution. The title should be in English and the maximum length 35 characters including spaces. No special characters such as !@#$%^&*()+-/?<> ‘ ’ “ ” etc. are allowed ; only space, dash (-) and underscore ( _ ) are allowed in file naming besides a-z, A-Z and 0-9.
- Report Cards will be sent by E-Mail as well as displayed on our website - www.vividsalon.in
- All paid up Entrant will received online PDF CATALOGUE and a downloadable link will be available in the website.
- All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to PSA Distinctions.
- The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
- Entries will not be judge without entry fees.
PSA DEFINITION OF BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY (MONOCHROME)
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
Monochrome images may be entered in PID Color sections but if accepted will only be eligible towards PID Color Star Ratings.
PSA DEFINITION OF PHOTO TRAVEL
A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment.
Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to greyscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
PSA DEFINITION OF NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY
Naturephotographyis restrictedtotheuse ofthephotographicprocess to depictall branches ofnaturalhistory,exceptanthropologyand archeology, in such a fashionthata well-informedperson will be able toidentifythe subjectmaterialand certifyitshonestpresentation.
- The storytellingvalue ofa photographmustbe weighed more thanthepictorialqualitywhile maintaininghigh technicalquality.
- Human elementsshall notbe present, exceptwhere thosehuman elementsare integralpartsofthenaturestory such as naturesubjects,like barn owls or storks,adapted toan environmentmodifiedby humans,or where thosehuman elementsare in situationsdepictingnaturalforces,like hurricanes or tidalwaves.
- Scientific bands,scientifictagsor radio collars on wild animals are permissible.
- Photographsofhuman createdhybrid plants,feral animals,domesticanimals,or mountedspecimens are ineligible,as is any formofmanipulationthataltersthetruthofthephotographicstatement.
- No techniquesthatadd,relocate,replace,or remove pictorialelements exceptby cropping are permitted.
- Techniquesthatenhance the presentationofthephotographwithoutchanging thenaturestoryor the pictorialcontent,or without alteringthecontentoftheoriginal scene,are permittedincluding HDR,focusstackingand dodging/burning.
- Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed.
- Stitched images are notpermitted.
- All imagesmustappear natural.
- Color images can be convertedtogreyscale monochrome.
- Infrared images,eitherdirect-capturesor derivations,are notallowed.
- Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
PSA DEFINITION OF PHOTOJOURNALISM PHOTOGRAPHY
Photojournalism entries shall consist of images with informative content and emotional impact, reflecting the human presence in our world. The journalistic (story-telling) value of the image shall receive priority over pictorial quality. In the interest of credibility, images that misrepresent the truth, such as those from events or activities specifically arranged for photography or of subjects directed or hired for photography, are not eligible. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable modifications are removal of dust, scratches or digital noise, restoration of the existing appearance of the original scene, sharpening that is not obvious, and conversion to greyscale monochrome. Derivations, including infrared, are not eligible.