VIVID NATIONAL CIRCUIT 2019 (DIGITAL)
1. The salon is open to photo friends spread all over the world. It will be organized under the approved rules of PSA All acceptances will count for PSA for inclusion in PSA Star Rating and "Who's Who". ALL Images must be the original work of the entrant. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, the other images will not be considered. NO ALTERATION FOR NATURE, PHOTO-JOURNALISM AND PHOTO TRAVEL IMAGES.
2. The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
3. The image size must be of maximum 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high including any borders and be a maximum File Size within 1MB. The files must be in JPEG format at 72 dpi resolution. The title should be in English and the maximum length 35 characters including spaces. No special characters such as !@#$%^&*()+/?<> ''"" etc. are allowed ; only space, dash (-) and underscore ( _ ) are allowed in file naming besides a-z, A-Z and 0-9.
4. Report Cards will be sent by E-Mail as well as displayed on our website - www.vividsalon.in
5. All paid up Entrant will received online PDF CATALOGUE and a downloadable link will be available in the website.
6. All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to PSA Distinctions
7. The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
8. Entries are limited to not more than 4 images (digital files) per section, i.e. 28 total images for 7 sections. Images for each section should be uploaded via www.vividsalon.in.
9. Each author can receive only one award / honorable mention in each section.
10. An entrant's four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section.
11. No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
12. Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like "in camera" or a "reproduction" duplicate of that image:
i. May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratingsclass in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
ii. May not be re-titled for entry in any other FIP Recognized exhibition.Words such as "Untitled" and "No Title" are not acceptable as part or all of an image's title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers"
13. All entrants in must provide name and country data exactly the same in each exhibition entered to receive proper credit.
14. The organizer will take all possible care while handling the awards and catalogues; however we assume no liability for damages and loses during shipping.
15. Entries will not be judge without entry fees.
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
Monochrome images may be entered in PID Color sections but if accepted will only be eligible towards PID Color Star Ratings.
A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment.
Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to greyscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
Photojournalism entries shall consist of images with informative content and emotional impact, reflecting the human presence in our world. The journalistic (story-telling) value of the image shall receive priority over pictorial quality. In the interest of credibility, images that misrepresent the truth, such as those from events or activities specifically arranged for photography or of subjects directed or hired for photography, are not eligible. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable modifications are removal of dust, scratches or digital noise, restoration of the existing appearance of the original scene, sharpening that is not obvious, and conversion to greyscale monochrome. Derivations, including infrared, are not eligible
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation